RUSSIA EXPERIENCE AND VOLUNTEERING
Au Pair Placement
Faces of Russia
SVEZHY VETER Travel Agency
426008 Izhevsk Karla Marxa 288a
mail: 426033 Izhevsk
p.o.box 2040 Russia
tel: +7 (3412) 450037, 613080
+7 909 064 69 95
Russian Waterways Cruises – 2006
Itineraries >> Moscow - St.Petersburg (11 nights / 12 days) (6)
**Please, note the itinerary is subject to change because of the weather conditions
Spend two unforgettable days in the capital of Russia and admire numerous treasures of its history and present days and enjoy its beauty!
Founded in 1148, Uglich is one of the most beloved towns in old Russia. The view of the town as it is approached from the Volga River is especially lovely with the Cathedral of the Resurrection and Dmitry Blood?s Church looming on the horizon.
At the end of the 16th century, Maria Nagaya, seventh wife of Ivan the Terrible, lived in honorary exile in the Kremlin at Uglich. It was here in her garden that the Tsarevich Dmitry met his death and where the Church of St.Demitrius of the Blood was built and still stands today. Within the Kremlin is the oldest building in Uglich, the Palace of Tsarevich Dmitry.
Stretching for 18 miles on both banks of the Volga, Yaroslavl is an important Volga port with a population of 600,000. It was founded in the 11th century by Prince Yaroslav the Wise and today retains many noteworthy monuments of its colorful past.
Of special interest is the magnificent 13th-century Spassky Monastery ensemble, a group of majestic 17th century cathedrals, an elegant rotunda and remnants of an ancient trading center. Loveliest of all is the Church of Elijah the Prophet, situated in the town?s central square. The frescoes on the walls and vaulting inside the church constitute a veritable museum of old Russian paintings.
Goritsy is a tiny settlement seven kilometers from the Kirillo-Belozersky monastery. Visit what remains of the Nunnery of the resurrection on the banks of the Sheksna River in Goritsy, within a quarter of a mile of where the ship stop, will be interesting for any tourist with a real interest in Russian history
Via the Volga/Baltic canal, our cruise takes us to the tiny island of Kizhi, located at the northern end of lake Onega. Renowned for its open-air Museum of Architecture assembled from various areas of the country and restored to form a glimpse of the past.
Mandroga Green Stop.
In the village there are some structures built according to the Russian fine traditions of wooden architecture. Village dwellers meet the guests and organize something special for them. There is a museum of Russian Vodka where tourists can get acquainted with the history of Russian vodka industry, Remeslennaya Sloboda, walking in the picturesque woods.
Saint-Petersburg created by Peter the Great to rival Venice, its 101 islands, 66 canals, and hundreds of bridges have secured its reputation as the most beautiful city in the country. While your ship is docked in port, you?ll enjoy daily sightseeing tours. You will see the Nevsky prospect?s shops, cafes and theatres, and you will tour the impressive St.Isaac?s, the city?s large cathedral, now a museum of elaborate icons and artworks. We will spend time in the world famous hermitage Museum, formerly the Winter Palace, home of the last six czars. A treasure trove of three million exhibits, its 320 halls display DaVincis, Rembrandts, Titians, Micheleangelos, French impressionists and North American artists.
The price includes:
- Accommodations in all outside cabins, each with private bathroom facilities, individual temperature control and large picture window.
- Three meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) per day in the ship's restaurant with the same menu for all passengers irrespective of cabin category; meal service begins with dinner on day of embarkation and ends with breakfast on day of disembarkation.
- Captain?s welcome Cocktail Reception.
- Gala farewell Dinner aboard.
- Full sightseeing programs in each of the ports of call, transfers for groups upon arrival/departure.
- Russian language and song lectures.
- Nightly entertainment and dancing.
- Daily aerobics.
- Tour of the ship?s bridge.
- cruise director and staff.
- Port taxes.
The price does not include:
- Baggage: excess baggage, forwarding of baggage/ souvenirs.
- Gratuities: gratuities for Cruise director, ship?s crew members, guides and drivers are not included and are at passenger?s discretion.
- Private transfers.
- Miscellaneous: Items of a personnel nature such as laundry, bar charges, beauty salon, telephone cable charges and medical services are not included.
The cruise company shall organize shore excursions (standard and optional) in Moscow, St. Petersburg, and all towns along the cruise itinerary, entertainment program onboard, sale of additional excursions onboard and guarantees the due quality of tours. Other companies (its representatives and tour leaders) have no right to organize shore excursions.
* If you would like to order a particular cruise or have queries
concerning payment or delivery, please use the
CONTACT US form, we
will get back to you as soon as we can.